Monday, May 15, 2006

Elastics at night

At my last adjustment, my ortho had mentioned, that I only HAD to wear my elastics at night, during the day only when it's convenient (when is it ever?). So I wore them in the day configuration only once, but I wore them every night in the night configuration to adjust the midline. Apparently that was quite satisfactory. I don't have to wear elastics anymore! More details about today's adjustment later.

Looking down below to my earlier posts it looks like I had to wear elastics for almost six months - time flies, it didn't seem that long.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, its looking great. I had to wear elastics for awhile too and guess what? I'm supposed to get them off by August and they put me in elastics again! I guess my midline shifted. Man, it really sucks. Anyway, great progress!

June 01, 2006 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my.. I used to wear the braces for 4.5 years for my mal-aligned teeth and the small jaws (according to the dentist), hence I understand exactly how it feels after each adjustment!! I had them removed 2 years ago, but am still religiously using the retainer at nights to avoid the teeth from "moving too much".. Hhehehe =)

July 21, 2006 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! the contrast between ur first post n latest is amazing!!! happy for u - ur teeth look great! :D

July 28, 2006 5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your teeth look awesome already!

I've just had braces put on me a week back, and I'm still dealing with a slight canker sore.

My doctor told me I need elastics too because I had my bicuspids exctacted, so I'm really nervous about that.

I hope I can deal with it!

:-)#)

July 30, 2006 1:01 AM  
Blogger Swan said...

michelle, in case you are still reading - my midline seems to have shifted again, too, so I'm wearing one elastic again... I'm going to update the blog with new posts about that and other things soon.

October 29, 2006 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home